Hello, my name is Frankie. Welcome to my site. I am excited to share my knowledge about alternative energy options with you today. Our world’s reliance on fossil fuels can only come to an abrupt end, as this is a finite resource. Fossil fuels also have an incredibly harmful impact on the environment. I want to use this site to help people better understand the benefits of switching to alternative energy whenever possible. I will talk about the ease of making the switch in hopes of inspiring others to avoid using fossil fuels as much as possible. Thank you for coming to my site.
If a lot of employees or yourself are getting sick a lot, there could be hidden dangers lurking around that you cannot see. Below are two of these dangers so you can take the steps to remove them. This is important, as these things can cause some serious health problems.
Approximately 4,800 people die each year in the United States as a result from lung cancer caused by asbestos exposure. Mesothelioma is another type of cancer that can be caused by asbestos exposure, and it has been found that 3,000 people have been affected by this type of cancer.
You cannot smell or see asbestos and the only way to know if you have it is to hire an environmental expert to inspect your building. They will take some small samples from different areas, such as paint, spray coating on walls and ceilings, vinyl floor tiles, loose fill insulation, and more. The expert will take the samples to a laboratory to test them for asbestos.
Asbestos abatement will be performed if asbestos is found in your building. This is something you should never do on your own. The abatement professions are trained to do this in a safe manner. They will first block off the area, and then remove the affected materials. For example, if asbestos if found on the floor, the floor will be ripped out or if found on a wall, the wall will be completely removed. This will result in some major repairs for you but it is well worth it.
To prevent any of this from happening to you and anyone else in your building, hire an expert, like one from Hutzel & Associates, Inc, to do regular asbestos inspection.
According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission, 400 people in the United States die each year from carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning.
Like asbestos, you cannot see or smell carbon monoxide (CO). If you have it in your building it needs to be removed immediately as it is highly toxic. Things that can product high CO levels are fuel burning appliances, such as water heaters, stoves, and furnaces that are improperly vented or not used. In many cases, CO poisoning occurs more during the winter months when heating systems are being used with the doors and windows sealed up.
The main warning signs of CO poisoning are nausea, fatigue, headaches, and dizziness. This is what makes it very difficult to determine because these symptoms could also be caused by the flu or a virus. Instead of getting better, however, the symptoms become much worse. Some symptoms someone may have include drowsiness, confusion, seizures, vision problems, chest pain, and rapid heartbeat.
You should call 911 or go to the nearest hospital if you have these symptoms. Choose a CO detector that has been labeled "UL" which means they have been approved by the Underwriters Laboratory.
If you or anyone else in your building is still getting sick, there may be other dangers, such as hidden mold.Share